Our Academic Curriculum & Learning Philosophy
Our child development center’s educational program is based upon the philosophies of Montessori, Piaget, and Best Practices BrainSMART. We use the Lovebug Learning Preschool Curriculum, a literature based academic program. We also follow NAEYC’s developmentally appropriate guidelines:
The “whole child” approach
The primary goal of our educational programs is to help each child reach full potential in ALL areas of development.
The “prepared environment”
In order for self-directed learning to take place, the environment must be supportive for active learning. This enables the child to try new things and build self-confidence.
Classroom materials and structure
The materials are developmentally appropriate, organized, and accessible to teachers and children.
The teacher functions as a facilitator of learning; she is a role model, demonstrator, and observer. She has open communication and supportive relationships with families.
Every day in our classrooms, we actively explore and discover in learning centers and in teacher-led activities. We also offer program enhancements such as the following:
- The ABC Mouse Technology Program.
- Lovebug Learning Literature Curriculum.
- In-class computers.
- The Learning Connection Program (school to home learning).
- Sharing & Caring Community Involvement Program.
- Monthly special events, holidays, and trips.
- Enrichment programs in sports and the fine arts.
Prekindergarten / Preschool Curriculum Goals
We Guarntee Kindergarten Readiness
While many pre-k programs will say that you child will be ready for kindergarten, Kidz Campus has actually reached out to local school districts. We use our local resources and community to ensure our students are prepared beyond the standards for kindergarten success. Our pre-kindergarten curriculum is aligned with state standards, and we ensure that all skill sets are being developed using year long evaluations. If a student struggles with grasping any skills, a plan will be developed to connect the dots.
Social and Emotional Development
- Develop self-confidence in one’s intrinsic value and skills.
- Learn independence and separation from family.
- Ability to communicate with verbal skills.
- Develop healthy relationships with children and adults.
- Learn to share, take turns, and join in group play.
- Learn appropriate skills to deal with social conflict.
- Identify capital and some lower-case letters.
- Associate letters with sounds.
- Learn to enjoy books, poems, and stories.
- Predict what happens next in stories and books.
- Recognize the meaning of signs and symbols.
- Ability to make lines, circles, and basic writing shapes.
- Ability to print name and basic sight words.
- Knowledge of left-to-right and top-to-bottom of paper.
- Use a correct grip with pencil, crayons, markers, and pens.
- Participate in community care, charity work, and empathy for others.
- Understand family and friends.
- Basic knowledge about our country and community.
- Recognize there are people and cultures all around the world.
- Learn basic words in sign language and foreign languages.
- Celebrate holidays and special days throughout the year.
Math & Logic Readiness
- Recognize numbers one through 20.
- Count sequentially from one to 20.
- Match numbers to values.
- Learn calendar skills.
- Ability to sort and classify objects.
- Ability to use simple graphs.
- Ability to follow and create patterns.
- Understand directional words.
- Recognize and name basic shapes.
- Recognize and name basic 3-D shapes.
- Learn measurement and time basics.
- Understand basic money concepts.
Science and Health
- Knowledge of self and self-care.
- Value nutrition and exercise.
- Knowledge of nature and seasons.
- Develop awareness of the five senses.
- Knowledge of animals and their homes.
- Understand basics of outer space.
- Knowledge of weather.
- Basic skills with science equipment.
- Recognize the colors.
- Self-expression through art.
- Recognition of art mediums and styles.
- Creative representation of skills learned.
- Learn basic songs and fingerplays.
- Knowledge of rhythm and sound.
- Knowledge of different styles of music.
- Understand music styles from different cultures.
- Recognize instruments’ sounds and names.
If you have any questions regarding our pre-kindergarten program, please call or contact us online.