Our Academic Curriculum & Learning Philosophy
We have based our educational programs on the philosophies of Montessori, Piaget, and Best Practices BrainSMART. We use a literature based, academic program called the Lovebug Learning Preschool Curriculum and follow NAEYC’s developmentally appropriate guidelines:
The “whole child” approach
At our daycare center, we strive to help each child in our programs reach his or her full potential in every area of development.
The “prepared environment”
Our classrooms create self-directed environments that support active learning, promote experimentation, and encourage our students to build confidence in themselves.
Classroom materials and structure
We ensure that all of our learning materials are developmentally appropriate for our students, that they are organized, and that they are accessible to both teachers and children.
Our teachers facilitate learning as role models. They demonstrate skills and observe the classroom, and they also keep open communication with our students’ families in order to build supportive, productive relationships.
Our program enhancements include the following:
- The ABC Mouse Technology Program.
- Literature Curriculum.
- Computers in class.
- The Sharing & Caring Community Involvement Program.
- Monthly holidays, special events, and trips.
- Enrichment programs in the fine arts and sports.
Smart Beginnings: Our Toddler Curriculum Goals
The first three years of life are a time of incredible growth and development. Our child care program facilitates emotional, social, physical, and intellectual growth for all of our young friends. The curriculum is designed so that the children acquire measurable learning goals throughout the year, and we target specific goals on a weekly and monthly basis. The curriculum focuses on developmentally appropriate goals for one-and-a-half-year-olds to three-year-olds. These goals are broken down into specific, measurable, and sequential skills that are incorporated into the curriculum.
- Enjoys exploring art materials and their usage, including crayons, paints, paste, and brushes.
- Uses paste and other art media effectively.
Language Development and Reading Readiness
- Begins to recognize colors and alphabet letters.
- Develops a larger vocabulary through stories and discussion.
- Participates in oral discussions.
- Knows own name, the teacher’s name, and some classmates’ names.
- Speaks clearly.
- Speaks in sentences.
- Recognizes his/her first name.
- Recognizes majority of upper case letters.
- Knows eight basic colors.
Math Readiness and Science
- Counts to 10.
- Recognizes the numbers one through 10.
- Recognizes such geometric shapes as circles, squares, and triangles.
- Enjoys experimenting.
- Shows an interest in the world around him/her.
- Basic Patterning.
- Enjoys listening to music.
- Participates in musical activities.
- Enjoys using musical instruments.
- Large muscle development (running, hopping, jumping).
- Learns to communicate and master bathroom needs effectively.
- Shows dominant hand.
- Holds pencil and crayon correctly.
- Demonstrates hand-eye coordination (puzzles, stringing).
- Fine muscle development (cutting, coloring, pasting).
Socio-Emotional Adjustment and Personal Habits
- Learns to adjust to new situations.
- Enjoys being at school.
- Gets along with other children.
- Has positive self-image.
- Follows classroom rules.
- Shows respect for own and others’ belongings.
- Willing to try new activities.
- Listens attentively.
- Follows directions.
- Puts forth effort.
- Cares for materials.
If you have any questions regarding our toddler curriculum, please call or contact us online.