Pre-Kindergarten 4-5 Years Old
We Guarantee Kindergarten Readiness
Many pre-k programs will tell you your child will be ready for Kindergarten. Kidz Campus has reached out to local school districts to be sure our students are prepared beyond the standards for kindergarten success. Our curriculum is aligned with state standards, and we provide year long evaluations to ensure all skill sets are being developed. If a student is challenged with a particular skill, then a plan is developed to foster success!
Our developmentally appropriate curriculum in the preschool and pre-kindergarten classes is outlined below. The curriculum is designed to ensure that children acquire measurable learning goals across the year. Specific goals are targeted on a weekly and monthly basis. The curriculum focuses upon developmentally appropriate goals for three-year-olds to five-year-olds. These goals are broken down into specific learning categories.
Social and Emotional Development
- Develop self confidence in one’s intrinsic value and skills.
- Learning independence and separation from family.
- Ability to communicate with verbal skills.
- Develop healthy relationships with children and adults.
- Learn to share, take turns, and join in group play.
- Learn appropriate skills to deal with social conflict.
- Identifying capital and some lower-case letters.
- Associating letters and sounds.
- Learn to enjoy books, poems, and stories.
- Predicting what happens next in stories and books.
- Recognize the meaning of signs and symbols.
- Ability to make lines, circles, and basic writing shapes.
- Ability to print name and basic sight words.
- Knowledge of left-to-right and top-to-bottom of paper.
- Using a correct grip with pencil, crayons, markers, and pens.
- Participate in community care; charity work and empathy for others.
- Understanding of family and friends.
- Basic knowledge about our country and community.
- Recognize there are people and cultures all around the world.
- Learn basic words in sign language and foreign languages.
- Celebrate holidays and special days throughout the year.
Math & Logic Readiness
- Recognizing numbers one through 20.
- Counting sequentially from one to 20.
- Matching numbers to values.
- Calendar skills.
- Ability to sort and classify objects.
- Ability to use simple graphs.
- Ability to follow and create patterns.
- Understanding directional words.
- Recognizing and naming basic shapes.
- Recognizing and naming basic 3-D shapes.
- Measurement and time basics.
- Understand basic money concepts.
Science and Health
- Knowledge of self and self-care.
- Value nutrition and exercise.
- Knowledge of nature and seasons.
- Developing awareness of the five senses.
- Knowledge of animals and their homes.
- Understand basics of outer space.
- Knowledge of weather.
- Basic skills with science equipment.
- Recognizing the colors.
- Self-expression through art.
- Recognition of art mediums and styles.
- Creative representation of skills learned.
- Learn basic songs and fingerplays.
- Knowledge of rhythm and sound.
- Knowledge of different styles of music.
- Understanding music styles from different cultures.
- Recognize instruments sounds and names.
Our Academic Curriculum & Learning Philosophy
Our educational program is based upon the philosophies of Montessori, Piaget, and Best Practices BrainSMART. We use the Lovebug Learning Preschool Curriculum, a literature based, academic program. We also follow NAEYC’s developmentally appropriate guidelines:
The “Whole Child” Approach
The primary goal of the educational program is to help each child reach full potential in ALL areas of development.
The “Prepared Environment”
In order for self-directed learning to take place, the environment must be supportive for active learning. This enables the child to try new things and build self-confidence.
Classroom Materials and Structure
The materials are developmentally appropriate, organized, and accessible to teachers and children.
The teacher functions as a facilitator of learning; she is a role model, demonstrator, and observer. She has open communication and supportive relationships with families.
Every day in our classrooms, we actively explore and discover in learning centers and in teacher led activities. We also offer program enhancements such as:
- The ABC Mouse Technology Program.
- Lovebug Learning Literature Curriculum.
- In-class computers.
- The Learning Connection Program (school to home learning).
- Sharing & Caring Community Involvement Program.
- Monthly special events, holidays, and trips.
- Enrichment programs in sports and the fine arts.